I hold a Master’s degree in Positive Psychology and an ICF (International Coaching Federation) accredited coaching qualification. I have also certified as a Lifeline Counsellor and am a registered member of COMENSA (Coaches and Mentors Association of South Africa).
After completing a B.Sc. Honours degree in Applied Mathematics at Stellenbosch University, I entered the working world as a software programmer in Cape Town, South Africa and eventually worked my way up to being an IT Consultant for a global Blue Chip Company, a position which was based in Stuttgart, Germany. At this point, I realized that my career was no longer aligned with my values. Upon returning to Africa with my husband and two children, I first became a certified Lifeline Counsellor, counselling HIV/AIDS and cancer patients of the state hospital in Windhoek, Namibia.
After this, I retrained as a Life Coach and opened my first practise in East London, South Africa, which grew to encompass individual sessions, group coaching and workshops for NGO’s and parastatals. My family and I returned to my home city of Cape Town in December 2016 and my practise is now based in Claremont, Cape Town.
I enjoy travelling to new places, hiking, disappearing into a good book, good company, good food, live music and very big rollercoasters. I love adventure and count my experiences heli-hiking, parachuting, diving with sharks, white water rafting and flying loops and rolls in an acrobatic Cesna as highlights.
Here are some personal experiences that I believe have enabled me to understand and appreciate the challenges of attempting a big personal project:
- Changing the course of my career completely from a science based to people orientated focus has been one of my most rewarding and challenging personal projects
- Travelling to 18 different countries has enabled me to experience the richness of different cultures.
- Having lived in four different countries has meant having to learn a new language, adapt to a new culture and completely recreate a life in a new city
- Losing 30 kilograms in less than a year
- Juggling raising two amazing kids, writing a master’s dissertation and completely renovating a house in the same year